Obesity doesn't merely mean someone who is very fat, & this must be so because they eat a lot, don't exercise and so on but actually it is a health condition in which an individual has accumulated too much body fat. And this fat has adversed effect on the health.
• Incidence and prevalence today -
• What might likely be the cause of
1) Nonmodifiable factors-
2) Modifiable factors-
secondary to some disorders
3) Lifestyle habits-
• Wrong food
habits and timing
towards owns health.
4) Obesity health risk on the increase-
• a) while
one may argue on many accounts of being overweight or obese, the truth is that obesity is a huge health risk. And it increasing becomes a concerns for
• b) Effects on health- metabolism become sluggish due to which significant risk for health risk has been observed, where people become susceptible to disorders like- diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disorders, and others hormones imbalance related disorders.
• c) Social hazard- being obese is social hazard as it effects one regular life with sleep problems, chronic body and joint pain, osteoporosis, and much more. There is restriction in their ability to be active, socially like that of a healthy individual.
• d) Life expectancy- considering all the hazards and health effects an obese person has to face the amount of mental and physical recuperation increases due to increased stress level which causes debility and as a result decreased life expectancy.
5) How does one determine, if they are obese-
• If an individuals weight is 20% higher than the normal range, then this person is 'obese'. Also, when checking the BMI ( body mass index). If the individuals BMI is between 25 - 29.9. they are known to be over weight. But if one's BMI is 30 or crosses this Mark, they fall into the obese category.
• b) Measures to overcome obesity-
? Preventive measures-
• follow proper lifestyle habits.
• Go back to nature
• Proper food timing and healthy eating
• Daily one hour physical exercise to be done.
? Reversal and Rehabilitative-
• Moderate intensity workout
• Strict therapeutic diet plans
• Limit the further progression of any associated disorder
• Concentrate on overall well-being.
7) Quest for optimum health-
• A new approach to weight loss and its maintenance is urgently needed with the global epidemic of obesity leading to over higher levels of chronic disease.
• There is a need for a skillfully curated treatment protocol to curb the increasing levels of the condition.
? Holistic approach towards obesity At Shree Narayandham Yog and Naturopathy Ayurvedic hospital-
? Naturopathy treatment-
? Yoga therapy-
? Diet therapy-